In this article, we present the best vitamin b complex supplement for 2020 that will help you boost your immune system and make your body function at an optimal level. We will also present a number of b vitamin B complex supplements that are also good additions to your supplements arsenal.
Why You Should Treat Yourself With a Vitamin B Complex Supplement
Generally, as a supplement, a B complex is particularly useful in the following cases:
- People with stress – to replenish the B vitamins used in stress situations, to increase, when needed, energy release and protect the health of the adrenal and nervous system – B5 and B6.
- Vitamin C complements the action of B vitamins, as it is involved in the formation of corticosteroids in the adrenal glands. The antioxidant action of vitamin C can benefit from the treatment of free radicals produced due to stress.
- Active individuals, athletes, and people involved in bodybuilding, cyclists, etc., because the more active a person is, the greater the need for B vitamins to convert fats, carbohydrates and proteins into energy – B1, B2, B3, B5, and B6.
- Overworked individuals often lack B vitamins, which may be due to a poor diet. Manufactured or refined foods contain altered nutrients, trace elements, and vitamin B clusters.
- The skin, hair, eyes and general health of the digestive system will be affected if the cells do not produce a sufficient amount of energy. For the structural consistency of the skin, thickness and color of hair, biotin and PABA are recommended.
- Maintaining the health of red blood cells – folic acid, B12, and PABA.
- Maintenance of oral health and the mucous membrane of the digestive tract – B1, B2, and folic acid.
- Brain activity – Choline, inositol, niacin, B1, B5, and B6.
Best Vitamin B Complex Supplement for 2020
The best vitamin b complex Supplement for 2020 is the B-Complex Plus from Pure Encapsulations. In general, the manufacturing company is among the most trusted in the industry, this Vitamin B Complex Supplement features all eight b vitamins and each of the B vitamins included in this supplement is on its more active form.
For example, most vitamin b supplements have folate as folic acid. Folate is the natural form of Vitamin B9 while folic Acid is the synthetic form of vitamin B9. A high intake of folic acid may lead to increased blood levels of unmetabolized folic acid (source). The Vitamin B Complex Supplement from Pure Encapsulations features folate as Metafolin (L-5-MTHF). Metafolin is the most active form of folate circulating in plasma, which directly enters the metabolic process of folate by humans (source).
- Trusted Company
- Includes all eight B Vitamins
- All B Vitamins included are in their most active form.
- Free from wheat, gluten, eggs, sweeteners, colorants, and other unnecessary excipients.
- Non-GMO, Vegan
Table with the Best Vitamin B Complex Supplements for 2020
Below is a table with some other options of vitamin b complex supplements that share pretty much the same characteristics as the Best Vitamin B Complex Supplement by Pure Encapsulations, above.
The Role of Each Individual Vitamin B
IMPORTANT: The B vitamin complex is made up of eight B vitamins. Like vitamin C, B vitamins are water-soluble and are filtered through cooking liquids. Vegetables and leafy greens are packed with B Vitamins. To maintain the water-soluble vitamins when cooking vegetables, the vegetable broth should be used or consumed after boiling.
B1 – Thiamine
The most important disease due to a large deficiency of Thiamine is beriberi, which now occurs to a limited extent in developed countries. Small-sized deficiencies occur in the form of depression, irritability, lack of concentration and memory loss. Active individuals need more thiamine than people who adopt a sedative lifestyle. Thiamine is involved in releasing energy from carbohydrates.
- Best sources: pumpkin seeds, wild rice, and nuts.
- Enemies: heat, alkaline environment.
B2 – Riboflavin
Its absence causes sores and irritation to the lips, oily skin around the nose, burning and eye irritation. Riboflavin has a bright yellow color that makes it useful as a food colorer but can cause harmless coloring of urine. It is involved in the coenzymes necessary to convert proteins, fats, and carbohydrates into energy. It is useful for chapped lips and other skin problems.
- Best sources: yeast extract, wheat germ, cheese.
- Enemies: heat, alkaline environment.
B3 – Niacin
The most important disease due to a large shortage of Niacin is pellagra. Small-sized deficiencies occur in the form of fatigue, depression and memory loss. Niacin can be produced in the body by using Tryptophan, B1, B6, and biotin. It is especially useful for the elderly because it helps to maintain memory function. It can be used to control fats in the blood (only in the form of niacin), but in high doses, medical guidance is required.
- Best sources: yeast extract, meat, walnuts.
- Enemies: industrialized food.
The lack of folate causes megaloblastic anemia, which usually occurs during pregnancy. Lack of folate in pregnancy can cause birth defects such as spina bifida. Folate is essential for DNA synthesis and cell division. Shortages usually occur in the elderly, alcoholics and expectant mothers. Low intake of folate can lead to high levels of homocysteine in the blood, which increases the risk of developing coronary artery disease and stroke.
- Best sources: liver, wheat germ and green vegetables.
- Enemies: oxygen at high temperature.
Biotin is involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates and fats. Biotin plays an important role in the production of fats and glycogen and in the metabolism of amino acids with a branched-chain. The lack of biotin in adults is rare, but in babies and young children, it is more common, resulting in skin problems such as seborrheic dermatitis and Leiner’s disease (exfoliative erythroderma). Sometimes, it may be recommended to take biotin in chronic cases of excessive growth of candida Albicans yeast.
- Best sources: liver, egg yolk, soy flour, cereals, and yeast.
- Enemies: cooking mode (note: biotin is attached to avidin in the egg white, but is released during cooking).
Para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA)
PABA is not vitamin B, it’s a cofactor. Its lack causes skin problems such as vitiligo (loss of skin coloration), eczema or irritability and depression. PABA appears to be involved in the metabolism of amino acids and red blood cells and is also part of the folate structure. It can provide protection from UV radiation, but only when applied to the skin in the form of lotions.
- Best sources: liver, eggs, wheat germ and molasses.
- Enemies: no one known.
Choline and Inositol
Choline and inositol are not B vitamins but B complex agents that can form in the body. Choline stimulates lecithin production and is part of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which is vital for the transmission of neural thrust. Taking it with a supplement, since it is an emulsifier, can help people with atherosclerosis, angina, thrombosis, stroke, high pressure, senile dementia, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Best sources: liver, lecithin.
- Enemies: industrialized food.
We hope you enjoyed our best Vitamin B Complex Supplement for 2020. If for some reason you don’t agree with our list or if you have any other best Vitamin B Complex Supplement to recommend, don’t hesitate to contact us here or through the comments section below. We are always open to recommendations and feedback from our readers.
As a fitness coach born in NYC I’ve seen the change of the fitness industry firsthand. Within these last 8 months, I’ve seen gyms shut down longer than a majority…
Practically whey protein is a dietary supplement containing the so-called BCAA, i.e. the three Branched Chain Amino Acids (leucine, valine, and Isoleucine), which are also the main components of muscle…
Healthy lifestyle has now become a standard way of living and especially, with the rising concerns toward food sensitivity and obesity, inclination toward healthy food products has increased like never…
Is high cholesterol and heart disease myth or truth? Well this is a question more and more people are looking for an answer, ever since cutting back on high cholesterol…
This article on the Carnivore Diet is a contribution from one of the many authors that reach to us every month. We publish only well written and informative content even…
In this article, we are going to explore 10 foods with more fiber than the super-healthy and all-loving broccoli. Although we love Broccolis for its anticancer  and tremendous health…