Summer is approaching and with it, the mosquitos are coming! To repel them away you can, of course, find on the market many mosquito repellent products that promise anti-mosquito protection, however, most of them contain chemicals that may be preferable not to come into contact with your skin and especially with your child’s skin.
In this article, we present 6 Easy Recipes on How to Make Natural mosquito repellent from the comfort of your own house. The following “anti-mosquito recipes” are easily manufactured at home with simple materials and will ensure both economy and… better health for the whole family!
1. How to Make Natural Mosquito Repellent Spray
- 60 ml jojoba or almond or coconut oil
- 20 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 20 drops cedarwood essential oil
- 10 drops of green tea essential oil
- 3 drops geranium essential oil
- 2-3 vitamin E capsules
- Empty spray bottles
Put the vegetable oil and essential oils in a spray bottle. Shake and add vitamin E. Ready the anti-mosquito, with which you spray whenever you wish during the day.
RELATED: How to Make Essential Oils At Home
2. Natural Mosquito Repellent Recipe for Body
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops citronella essential oil
- 3-4 teaspoons vodka
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- Empty spray bottles
Mix all the ingredients in a bottle and carefully spray the body! The spray is ideal to repel mosquitoes at all times.
3. How to Make Natural Mosquito Repellent Lotion For Babies
Mix the ingredients and spread the mixture over the children’s hands and feet. The lotion is ideal for their sensitive skin and will protect them from unwanted invaders!
4. How to Make Natural Mosquito Repellent For Closed Areas
- 2 tablespoons isopropyl Alcohol 99%
- 90g distilled water
- 30 drops lavender essential oil
- 30 drops mint essential oil
- Empty 100ml bottle spray
Put in a bottle with a spray of 100 ml the alcohol. Next, add the essential oils and finally add the water. Close the bottle and shake well. This anti-mosquito is intended for closed areas.
5. How to Make Natural Body Oil With Anti-Mosquito Properties
- 1 tablespoon bay (laurel) leaves
- 1 tablespoon eucalyptus or thyme leaves (dried)
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- Vegetable oil (coconut or sesame or almond or sunflower oil)
- 2 vitamin E capsules
- Grind the plants and put them in a jar
- Pour one of the above vegetable oils until you cover them completely.
- Put the jar in a bain-marie. Heat the pan with the jar to 70 degrees Celsius for about an hour.
- Turn off the temperature and leave the pan with the jar on the hob to cool.
- Sour the mixture and add vitamin E.
- Putt the mixture in a spray bottle. Brush with this your body before going out!
READ ALSO: 23 BEST Foods For Strong Heart
6. Homemade Mosquito Repellent Moisturiser Cream
This homemade moisturiser cream with anti mosquito properties is ideal for the afternoon – evening hours, after exposure to the sun and the sea, as it soothes, moisturizes and repels mosquitoes. It is a very convinient cream as it saves you from applying both a bug spray and a moisturiser cream.
Take a cream containing panthenol. Empty all of it in a jar. Then add as many drops of lavender essential oil as needed, so that the cream has a strong lavender smell.
We hope you enjoyed our article on how to make natural mosquito repellent as well as our other homemade mosquito repellent recipes. If you did found it useful please consider sharing it with your friends and family. They have the right to know how to protect themselves naturally from mosquitos this time of the year.