Bras are a staple in the closets of women all over the world. Why? Because we have all been programmed to wear them, as a necessity. But what you don’t know is that scientists are actually urging women to STOP wearing them.
New findings have shown that excessive bra wear may be linked with non-malignant breast fibrocystic disease and malignant breast cancer. This is definitely one big reason to say no to the bra!
Yes, bras make our breasts look great but at what cost? These tumors can be excruciatingly painful and are not something we want to go through at any point in our lives.
Dr. Gragory Heigh of Florida has recently discovered that well over 90% of women with fibrocystic breast disease have found improvement when they stop wearing their bras. You can even get lymph drainage damage from wearing bras too frequently, hard to avoid in a world that expects us to wear them 24/7, right?
Sport science researcher Jean-Denis Rouillon, a professor based at the University of Franche-Compte, led a team that conducted a 15-year study on the effect of bras on 330 women aged 18-35.
Findings suggested that wearing a bra from an early age did absolutely nothing to help support the chest, reduce back pain or prevent sagging breasts. Medically, physiologically, anatomically – breasts gain no benefit from being denied gravity. On the contrary, they get saggier with a bra,” Professor Rouillon told France Info in an interview.
As a matter of fact, they do the opposite! Researchers say that young women would gain more muscle tone and supporting breast tissue if no bras were used. Women who stopped wearing bras during the study had a 7-millimeter lift in their nipples when compared to the regular bra users.
“For younger women, not wearing a bra will lead to increased collagen production and elasticity, which improves lift in a developing breast,”Dr. Stafford Broumand.
So it looks like you no longer need an excuse to ditch the bra, let those girls hang high! For more information watch the video below. It will blow your mind!
Research on The Effects of Wearing Bras in Women
- 1991 Harvard study (CC Hsieh, D Trichopoulos (1991). Breast size, handedness and breast cancer risk. European Journal of Cancer and Clinical Oncology 27(2):131-135.). This study found that, “Premenopausal women who do not wear bras had half the risk of breast cancer compared with bra users…”
- 1991-93 U.S. Bra and Breast Cancer Study by Singer and Grismaijer, published in Dressed To Kill: The Link Between Breast Cancer and Bras (Avery/Penguin Putnam, 1995; ISCD Press, 2005). Found that bra-free women have about the same incidence of breast cancer as men. 24/7 bra wearing increases incidence over 100 times that of a bra-free woman.
- Singer and Grismaijer did a follow-up study in Fiji, published in Get It Off! (ISCD Press, 2000). Found 24 case histories of breast cancer in a culture where half the women are bra-free. The women getting breast cancer were all wearing bras. Given women with the same genetics and diet and living in the same village, the ones getting breast disease were the ones wearing bras for work.
- A 2009 Chinese study called Risk factors of breast cancer in women in Guangdong and the countermeasures (In Chinese. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2009 Jul;29(7):1451-3. – Zhang AQ, Xia JH, Wang Q, Li WP, Xu J, Chen ZY, Yang JM (2009) found that NOT sleeping in a bra was protective against breast cancer, lowering the risk 60%.
- 2011 a study was published, in Spanish, confirming that bras are causing breast disease and cancer. http://www.portalesmedicos.com/publicaciones/articles/3691/1/Patologias-mamarias-generadas-por-el-uso-sostenido-y-seleccion-incorrecta-del-brassier-en-pacientes-que-acuden-a-la-consulta-de-mastologia – It found that underwired and push-up bras are the most harmful, but any bra that leaves red marks or indentations may cause disease.
The vegan diet and vegetarian diet are attracting more and more people every day. But saying no to meat doesn’t mean you have to say and not your physical condition…
🤞 The article Okinawa Flat Belly Tonic Review tries to shed some light on the product and the philosophy behind it. The intent of our Okinawa Flat Belly Tonic Review…
The link between the diet and the production of hydrogen sulphide (H2S) in the body is now being explored by scientists, a smelly and toxic gas produced by the body…
You may wonder what natural ways to get rid of back pain are really effective. Well, apart from Back Pain Coache’s techniques there are other natural ways to get rid…
You enjoy running and make sure to do three or four r sessions weekly. However, you noticed that you are not progressing as quickly as you expected! Wondering what is…
It is a new year and a new you. 2021 should be the year that you take control of your health by implementing a few vital lifestyle changes. By focusing…