Mold is a silent and deadly killer. Whenever we see a bit of mold in our home, we’re not overly concerned unless it appears on a bigger area. We all know that mold can cause breathing problems, but rarely anyone is aware of how dangerous it really is. After all, how can something so tiny cause any trouble?
The biggest problem with mold is that it’s pretty hard to spot unless it spreads. A few patches here and there aren’t seen as troubling, but they may be behind your respiratory problems and inflammation which can lead to severe health issues. The mold spores can seriously affect your immune system, causing symptoms similar to an allergy. You may think of it as an allergy, but make no mistake – exposure to mold can cause much more than breathing problems.
Check your home for mold thoroughly. You may not see it everywhere, but there’s surely at least a small patch hiding in some corner in your home. If you see it, take action right away – you don’t want it spreading and growing too big. Below you can see a list of common mold exposure symptoms you may confuse for allergy – as soon as you notice them, we suggest visiting your doctor and calling a plumber right away.
Numbness and Tingling all Over the Body
Those pins and needles you feel all over your body can be triggered by a variety of problems, including exposure to mold. If you’re feeling the tingling along with numbness all over your body and you’re not sure why, you may be exposed to mold in your home.
Unexplained Muscle Pain
Muscle pain is common if you’re working out a lot or you have a physically demanding job. However, if it strikes too often for no reason at all, mold exposure may be to blame. Mold-related illnesses have been known to cause muscle pain and cramps as well as soreness that can occur at any part of the body.
Exposure to mold has been known to cause diarrhea, stomach pain, lack of appetite, and nausea which will get worse over time.
Brain Fog and Memory Problems
Memory problems and brain fog are some of the most common symptoms of toxic mold exposure. If you’re often feeling sluggish and have trouble “translating” your thoughts to words, you might want to check your home for mold.
Breathing difficulties are the main symptoms of mold exposure. This symptom is most often confused for allergies and may be accompanied by wheezing and an inability to breathe deep.
If you’re suspecting mold illness, you must visit a doctor as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the longer the symptoms will progress and escalate, putting your health in grave danger. If the suspect is indeed mold, get professional help and resolve it as soon as possible. The recovery from mold illness may take some time and will most likely include dietary changes. You’ll most likely be ordered to consume more anti-inflammatory and antifungal foods including garlic, ginger, cayenne, and probiotics.