Bananas – the King of the Fruit Jungle
Everyone loves bananas. Just ask anyone, and they’ll surely include it in the list of their favorite fruits. It’s no wonder why – they’re delicious, nutritious, and easy to open and eat. The tropical fruit has deserved its spot among the most popular fruits thanks to its great nutritious profile the most.
Bananas are full of essential vitamins and minerals. The long list includes potassium, calcium, manganese, fiber, protein, magnesium, folate, vitamin C, and whatnot. Add to that the great taste and you’ve got yourself a winner. Bananas are probably the ideal breakfast fruit, although they are known to be high in calories, so go easy on them.
And, although you surely know a lot about bananas, we bet that you didn’t know the following facts about them.
Here’s a list of reasons why bananas should be a part of your daily diet:
- Bananas are full of fiber, making them a great addition to your diet. The extra high fiber content will ease your digestion and help things move in your digestive tract more smoothly.
- Bananas are full of iron, an absolutely key mineral that helps with the production of new red blood cells. If you’re suffering from anemia, you must include bananas into your diet.
- Thanks to the high presence of tryptophan, a serotonin precursor, eating bananas might improve your mood. Eat the fruit regularly and you’ll prevent anxiety and depression.
- If you’re working out regularly, a banana before and after workouts will give you a great energy boost and provide your muscles with the nutrient they need to recover.
- Bananas contain a lot of vitamin B6, an anti-inflammatory compound that can help treat inflammatory problems.
- Bananas are rich in potassium but low on sodium, which means they’re ideal for treating cardiovascular problems such as hypertension.
- The tropical fruit will improve your body’s calcium absorption and strengthen your bones. In that way, it will reduce the risk of fractures and osteoporosis significantly.
- Bananas can prevent glucose spikes after meals, which suits diabetics.
- Newest studies have shown that bananas may help in the treatment and prevention of kidney cancer. More research is needed, of course, but the results so far are promising.